BOOK REVIEW: KING BY S.J. TILLY


Title: KING

Series: Book #2 The Alliance Series

Author: S.J. Tilly - Website

Genre: Dark Mafia Romance

Format: 394 pages, Kindle Edition

Publish Date: May 25, 2023 by Amazon Digital Services
Language: English


⚠️My review will always contain spoilers, so please proceed with caution ⚠️


KING
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️♾️
🌶️🌶️🌶️🌶️

📚1st Read 12/09/23
🎧2nd Read 13/11/23

👩‍❤️‍👨Age Gap 45yo H & 32yo h
💍Forced Marriage
💃🏻Curvy FMC
☠️Obsessive Unhinged Hero

Blurb:

You thought Nero was a red flag...

Okay, so, my bad for assuming the guy I was going on a date with wasn’t married. And my bad for taking him to a friend’s house for dinner, only to find out my friend is also friends with his wife. Because, in fact, he is married. And she happens to be at my friend’s house because her husband was busy working.

Confused? So am I.

Unsurprisingly, my date’s wife is super angry about finding out that her husband is a cheating asshole.

Girl, I get it.

Then, to make matters more convoluted, there is the man sitting next to my date’s wife. A man named King, who is apparently her brother, and who lives up to his name.

And since my date is a two-timing prick, I’m not going to feel bad about drooling over King, especially since I’ll never see him again.

Or at least I don’t plan to.

I plan to take an Uber to the cheater’s apartment to get my car keys.

I plan for it to be quick.

And if I had to list a thousand possible outcomes… witnessing my date’s murder, being kidnapped by his killer, and then being forced to marry the super attractive but clearly deranged crime lord, would not have been on my Bingo card.

But alas, here I am.

My Summary of The Story:

Savannah Oates just had the worst luck, or maybe she just hit the jackpot. Visiting her friend with her jerk of a date turned into a dreadful night with her ended up kidnapped. Yes, not only she dated a cheater, but said cheater also had a nefariously dangerous brother-in-law, King Vass, who had no problem in wiping off his existence. Caught witnessing the murder, King had no choice but to make sure she didn’t start talking. And the best way to ensure her silence? Marriage, of course…..

My Thoughts:

When I read NERO, I didn’t feel drawn into King from that book, that’s why I didn’t pick up KING right away. Once I did pick it up, I went into it totally blind, I had no idea of the plot whatsoever, and I’m glad that I did. This book is so fun to read, S.J. Tilly wrote the most outrageous, unhinged, and full of red flags MMC🚩 The things these men have done? They’re insane and OTT AF, and I refuse to hear any complaints about them, I know what I’m getting into, and these men are it🤣 I swear I always blushed so hard every time I read the scene where King "pleases" himself with Savannah's 👙, even more, when I listened to the audio🥵 And the exhibitionist scene? That came out of nowhere, I didn't realize that Daddy King is that kinky, and it was so hot...

A bit of audio review, it was narrated by Jack Calihan and Chloe Ryan, and they did a damn good job. Special shoutout to the male narrator, I love his voice so much, it completes my fantasy of King🥵 The only drawback is, that this is not a duet, Ooooh, how I wanted all the audiobooks narrated as a duet, it would be awesome. 

As much as King “My Wife” Vass is a walking red flag, he carries some green flags too, and I love him so much. The way he loves Savannah feels different to me compared to the other Alliance’s men. It’s not instalove/lust, attracted yes, but they didn't get it on right away, they fell in love slowly, making their confession at the end feel so satisfying. He loves and appreciates Savannah’s art and he is so proud of her it melts my heart. Every time he says Savannah Baby, I can’t help myself but giggle. He deals with his jealousy in a nerdy way, meticulously researches all of her exes, and arranges them to be exported to the other side of the world? What a lunatic🤣

When I started this series, I didn’t expect it’s gonna be one of my favorite mafia series of all time, and KING is still the best for me until I read HANS, then we will see. 

Quotes:

“You’re my wife. My fucking Queen. And I love you with my entire disgusting heart.” 

“And you have until I’m naked to ask your questions.” This scene is so hot🥵

Excerpt From
KING
S.J. Tilly
This material may be protected by copyright.

Even the discreet cover is BEAUTIFUL!
⚠️Trigger Warning/Kinks⚠️
- Kidn*pping
- C*ptor/C*ptive
- Exhibitionist
- Sexu*l Harassment
- Cheating (not between MCs)

Alliance's Men Rating:
1. KING - my man, best of the best
2. DOM - still my man, just a tad too many red flags🤣
3. NERO - He's okay, but I love the others more
4. HANS?



Alliance's Book Rating:
1. KING ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️♾️
2. DOM ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
3. NERO ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
4. HANS?

View all my reviews

Link to buy on Amazon:

Comments

Popular Posts